lördag 15 november 2008

Kära Obama

(jag skrev brev till USA:s näste president på change.gov)

Dear President-Elect,

my name is Andreas Hedfors, I am a 30 year old Swedish journalist. I am a graduate of an elite military interpreter school and have worked as a journalist in the occupied Palestinian territories as well as in the five 'Stans of Central Asia. I currently work for public service Swedish radio in Sweden.

I was in Georgia on a Rotary scholarship when September 11 struck. I saw the great crossroads that the Western hemisphere came to that day, and I lost a lot of my faith when we took the wrong turn. Clenching the fist instead of reaching out.

So just like millions of Swedes, Europeans, Arabs and Asians I rejoiced when you were elected president. I had read Greg Palast's reports and frankly didn't dare hope. But now, a new hope has risen.

My fluent Russian, extensive journalistic competence, broad knowledge of and contacts within European issues but above all unflinching dedication to making the world a better place, may be of service to you. If so, please do not hesitate to contact me.

You obviously know this, but I will state it anyway: My chief vision would be for you to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, end your support to the dictatorships of the Middle East and force Israel to find a solution with the Palestinans based on the '67 borders.

If you manage this, the principal obstacles to peace and prosperity in the world vanish. Generations of people, billions, will wake to a whole new belief in justice and that good can prevail. The fallen hearts of once-principled European politicians will be revived. Scores of lurking dictators deadlocking their populations in misery, from Western Africa (I do not know that continent) to Kyrgyzstan, will shrink back into their holes. Triumphant liberals from the middle class will take their places, root out corruption, bring back the exiled elites and enact democracy.

With real leadership from a real America, the good faith of the majority of people will define the real world.

Again, if there is anything I can do for you.

God's Speed Mr. Obama,

Yours,
Andreas Hedfors

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Hi There I'd love to thank you for such a great quality forum!
I was sure this is a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/disney-princess-party-supplies.html]disney princess Party Supplies[/url].

Anonym sa...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike